Monday, March 21, 2011

Spring Break

Last week Mike had Spring Break. I (and the girls) loved having him home!

We spent the first 3 days focusing primarily on this child.



She was trained the first day (only had one accident), went on strike the 2nd day (0 successes), and gave in the 3rd day.  She is now, however, using her new-found power to get the attention from me she (neglected middle child, sandwiched between 2 incredibly needy and time-consuming sisters) so desperately needs.  Lets just say she picks very opportune moments to have accidents.  I'm hoping this will eventually start bugging her more than it bugs me (I try really hard to not act bugged), and she'll give up the practice.




On Thursday, we enjoyed a picnic in the park.  I loved getting out in the sun and being able to relax a bit with Mike around.




The girls had fun exploring and feeding the ducks.  We also saw about 20 turtles sunning themselves.  They quickly slipped into the water before I could take a picture.









On Friday, we drove up to Wichita and met my sister, Marian, and her kids at the zoo. It was a bit chilly at first, but we still had a great relaxed time.


Marian, Elsa, Alice, Elaine.  Marian is 38 weeks pregnant with number four!
Mariah, Weston, Alice, Elsa, Elaine
Elaine and Alice are 6 months apart.  They had a blast!
All the kids were climbing on the statues.  I looked over, and Laney had found one just her size!




We headed to Marian's for the afternoon and evening.


5 comments:

Orva said...

Loved the pictures. I had to laugh at Elaine on the tiny statue. Hope the potty training is successful and permanent soon. wish I could have been at the zoo with you!

Suzanne said...

Looks like you had a fantastic break! Those pictures are so fun. Don't you wish it could last forever (sigh)?

Lisa said...

I love these pictures! They are so sweet!

Laura said...

i love the sweater/underwear combination. and that statue picture is great! so glad you got to relax with mike.

Joanne said...

Love all the pictures! Laney is too cute with her big girls and sweater. I love the pics of the girls in the sun by the litte creek - I always think your girls remind me of you and Laura when you were little, but those pics especially reminded me of you guys. I could picture those fitting in perfectly in your babybook.

I'm jealous of you and Mer living close enough to do fun things like go to the zoo. I love all the statue pics. And the fancy princesses back at Marian's house are all beeeautiful.