Sunday, March 13, 2011

16 Minutes


A couple weeks ago, Mariah earned 16 minutes of princess dancing time by making eye contact for 16 seconds during cuddle time.  She was in princess heaven.

I would love to see this face more often.  It's pretty rare.




Click to play this Smilebox slideshow

The amazing thing was she actually went the whole 16 minutes without getting silly and/or hyper.  (Elaine was at Evan's house.)  At one point, Sally went into the room, and she started getting a little silly.  I told her, "Even though Sally's in the room, I want you to stay calm.  Take some deep breaths and make little mountains with your brain." And she did.  I heard her a few times over the next 5 minutes, starting to get silly and then taking deep breaths and calming back down.  Now, if only she could do that with Elaine.  Will it ever happen?

2 comments:

Orva said...

This one melts my heart, both the girl and the dance video. Loves to both of you.

Joanne said...

I had a big smile on my face the whole time I was watching it! She looked so pleased with herself. I was impressed with her quick dancing feet - those were some fast spin moves. I'm so happy she likes her princess stuff.