My baby's almost 10 months old, and I have been terrible at keeping record of the things she learns and does. So, here are a few things about my Sal Bug, just off the top of my head:
- She loves to play and make jokes. When she thinks something is funny (or thinks she's being funny), she throws her head back, grins, wrinkles her nose, and squints her eyes.
- Her favorite games are patty-cake, peep-o, and crawling tag.
- She likes to play the I'm-not-going-to-smile-no-matter-what-you-do game.
- She LOVES playing with the older girls. She thinks she is Elaine's equal. They already fight over toys. Help.
- She loves her daddy, but she's a momma's girl for sure!
- She has been cruising around furniture for a couple of months now and will let go and stand for a second or so. Mike said today she stood up from the floor and stayed standing for 4-5 seconds. Long enough for Mariah to say, "Hey! You're standing up!"
- Crawled at 6 1/2 months.
- Pulled herself to standing at 7 1/2 months.
- First tooth: 8 1/2 months (our earliest teether so far).
- Second tooth: yesterday (1 week shy of 10 months).
- She's not really into solid foods yet. She'll take a couple bites of sweet potato, potato, broccoli, carrot, or oatmeal. She likes raisins and begs for bananas (I only give her a tiny bit because they stop her right up) and green drink. She DOES NOT like baby food prunes but will eat little pieces of a real prune.
- She LOVES to go outside. If she hears me say, "Let's go," she comes hauling from wherever she's been and makes a bee-line for the door. She also stands at our window and leans her head repeatedly against the glass--willing herself outside.
- She's a breather. She huffs and puffs wherever she goes. It's like her little motor.
- She thinks it's hilarious to escape when I'm changing her or getting her dressed. She's strong and fast.
- She's not a good sleeper still and has the same burping issue Elaine had. I should NOT have to burp my 10-month-old! Her forehead gets all cold and clammy until she has all her (million) burps out. Then it (her forehead) returns to normal, and she'll sleep . . . for 45 minutes before she needs to burp some more. Yeah, you get the routine. It's aggravating and exhausting, to say the least. She's lucky she's cute.
 |
| Elaine loves entertaining Sal. For a little while, anyway. |
 |
| First pony tail. |
 |
| I think she looks like my cousin, Jane West, in this picture. |
 |
| The Escape. Laughing and breathing hard. |
 |
| One of their favorite games. |
 |
| This is where Sal likes to be (or insists on being) for much of the day. My back is sore . . . always. |
3 comments:
I miss the little baby on my back peaking over my shoulder. (I DON'T miss the back ache!) She's a lucky girl to have such a mom. I'm sure she knows it.
You are so good to write all that down - I don't think I've even written about Henry ever, and he's almost 3. This makes me want to be better, though - I loved reading all about her and feeling like I know her now. She seems like such a fun, spunky girl. (Except the burping/sleeping issues - that is not fun). All the pictures are really cute - I love the ones of you with her on your back.
cute, bek. it is pretty fun to see her peeking over you shoulder. at least you have strong back muscles, right? i love her bottom cheeks as she's crawling away from you.
Post a Comment