- words: dog, doll (sounds the same as dog), hot, uh-uh (while shaking her head), dad, mama, again (also means "more")
- signs: all done, tired, nurse, bye-bye (same as nurse)
- songs: popcorn popping, pat-a-cake, mouse a cookie (the whole cd)
- music: She loves all music.
- dancing: Laney has danced to music from the time she was tiny. She bounces and/or sways to the beat. Even if she's lying down (getting her diaper changed, for instance), she starts moving her head from side to side if music comes on, or if I start to sing.
- toys: babies, strollers/bikes (anything with wheels that she can push), anything with buttons she can push to make music
- book: Little Mommy. She carries it everywhere and loves it when I read it to her.
- food: oatmeal, potatoes (in any form), fruit of any kind
Elaine is very aware of space and the way things work. She's very coordinated and has a lot of control of her body. She already eats quite well with a spoon/fork. She also loves putting things inside of other things. She'll get a cup or bowl and find little things to put inside. She also tries to put shoes on her feet.
She loves putting small things in her mouth and carrying them that way. She's usually quick to give me whatever is in her mouth when I ask. This is a common scenario: "Laney, what's in your mouth? Is that a rubberband (or rock, or button, etc.)?" She then fishes out whatever is in there and holds it up for me to see. "Please give it to me." She hands it over and goes on with her life. The only thing she has swallowed (that I know of) to date is a small shiny star from one of Mariah's crowns. I found it in her diaper the next day.
She is not walking yet, but has taken one step several times; then she stops or sits down. She loves standing up in the middle of a room, but has not yet gone anywhere on two feet. She does have a pretty fast bear walk, though.
Laney loves jokes and always tries to make people laugh. (She's got the parade wave down for when I take her out of sacrament meeting). She makes funny faces on purpose (and has since she was very young) and loves the attention she gets for it.
Here's to a year gone by:
3 comments:
she is one of the cutest babies ever. i still love the picture of her with the frog in her mouth. that's so funny that she uses her mouth to transport things.
and, i still want to give her squishes.
She is such a chubbo. I love it. Good luck in Oklahoma! Sounds like a fun adventure. :)
I agree with Laura - she is one of the cutest babies ever! Her little papoose picture on Halloween could win some award. My favorite might be the queen of the mountain on the sand dunes, though. I love that picture. And all the funny faces ones. I love how she puts so much stuff in her mouth.
Post a Comment