I would like to say our day was carefree and filled with fun. Not so. There were fun moments, but it was one of my children's crabbiest days yet on record. (And for those who know my children, that's saying something!) Mariah spent much of the day in her room (Having a little sister with a special day is very hard. Especially when the little sister gets a new stroller and dolly that are so much newer and more fun than your nicer stroller and 3 dollies. The new shoes I wrapped for her didn't even help. Thanks, Grandma Shaunna, for easing the pain a bit with an un-birthday present for Mariah! I wish we had had the package first thing in the morning!) I fed the girls dinner before Mike got home; we had a quick party when he arrived, and it was off to bed by 7pm. (They've been staying up until closer to 8, cause Mike doesn't get home until 6 or so.)

1 comment:
What a bummer that is was such a crabby day.
I love all the birthday pictures, though - especially all the stuff loaded into the stroller. She seems so old to me - I don't think Henry will be acting that old in a few weeks. I have never even thought of having him use a fork! Yikes. I guess I better get on the ball. Maybe Elaine can teach him some of her tricks when you guys come. We're getting pretty excited around here.
Post a Comment