Sunday, March 7, 2010

Baby Names

I keep forgetting to post this funny story about Laney and baby names:

One night at dinner, I was asking the girls what they thought of baby names we're thinking of. We haven't narrowed things down yet, but we have a list of girls' names we like. One of my very very favorite is Luella. I love it; it's beautiful. Mike has vetoed it, though, so it's pretty much out. Anyway, here's how the conversation went:

Me: Should we name our baby Nancy?
Elaine: Ummm . . . . .
Me: How about Sally?
Elaine: Ummm . . . .
Me: What about Nichole?
Elaine: Ummm . . . .
Me: How about Lucy?
Elaine: Ummm . . . .
Me: What about Lillian?
Elaine: Ummm . . . .
Me: How about Luella?
Elaine: No!!!

She got a high five from her father.

Mariah thinks we should name the baby Chloe. It's not on our list (no offense to any Chloes or Chloes' parents out there). Tonight she prayed, "Please bless Mom and the baby. And please bless the baby to grow nice and healthy, and please bless her name to be Chloe." I'm afraid no amount of faith on her part is going to work on that one.

11 comments:

elnaclark said...

I love this little dialogue!! Very funny!

Lucy said...

too funny! Can I vote? :)

Marian said...

that is too funny. luella is my top name if we ever have another girl, and chad has also vetoed it. hmm.

Matt and Suzanne said...

CUTE! That's funny because that's the name that we discussed after your ultrasound :) She is a doll! Hope you are all starting to feel great again!

Jessie said...

i LOVE you guys! and your girls are too cute. mariah is about the smartest little girl i know! i don't know what other names you have on the list...but out of those i really like the name lillian :)

p.s. it was great talking to you guys yesterday! skype is the best!

Brooke said...

I didn't know you were having another girl. Congrats!

Laura said...

maybe she can name one of her baby dolls chloe.

Laura said...

sort of like clara lee clara. was that it? something like that. tine? do you remember?

Rebekah said...

kara lee clara, i think.

Joanne said...

No it was twins - one was clara lee clara, and the other was kara lee clara I think. Tine?

Anyway, for the record, I love the name Luella. How funny that Elaine was so adamently opposed. And I love how Mariah prays for her name to be Chloe.

Stacie said...

I love that you shared that fun little conversation! Good luck with the baby names...But I'm glad Chloe isn't on your list since it is on ours! I hope all is well at your home.