A few weeks ago, I asked Mariah to tell me the time. She said she couldn't see the clock. I didn't think anything was obstructing her view, so I asked her if she couldn't see it 'cause there was something in her way, or if it was just fuzzy. She said it was fuzzy. Oh no.
I needed new glasses anyway, so I made an appointment for both of us. We had quite an adventure going to the eye doctor's with all 3 kids. Turns out Mariah is slightly farsighted, but only when she's stressed. Imagine that. The doc said it seems her eyes are having muscle spasms and are really tense. I am constantly amazed at how far-reaching and all-encompassing this RAD thing is.
So, anyway, he prescribed glasses for her to wear when she reads . . . . if her eyes are tense and won't focus. She's had the glasses for almost a week now, and she's only used them twice. Every other time she's tried, she says they make it more fuzzy. I guess that's a good thing.
She picked her own glasses, which was fine, but I was still talking to the doctor when it all went down, and I think I would have handled the choosing a little differently. By the time I got there, she was dead set on these pink ones that were a size too small and not nearly as cute on her face as a pair of brown ones with pink flowers on the sides. Oh well. She really never wears them.

4 comments:
oh no! i'm sorry about the glasses - but she actually looks pretty cute. i hate the whole letting them pick the glasses/you picking them dilemma. luckily this last time elsa and i both agreed on the same ones (i let her choose between 2 that were on sale). hope her eyes don't get worse quickly!
Does it never end for you? I actually like the glasses - and if she's happy about them she's more likely to wear them if needed. Or so they say...
I think the glasses look great! All the best people wear them - either all the time or only when reading (and something just when the eyes are tense!)
I feel the same as Mer - bummer if she needs glasses early, but she does look pretty cute in them. That's so interesting that they are only affected when she's stressed.
Post a Comment