So I'm a little behind . . . . but life has still been happening at the George house. I had my sisters' weekend back in July. Then we all went to Utah for 3 weeks. Then I've been working my tail off to finish Elaine's digital baby book so I could use a groupon I bought months ago. Etc., etc., etc.
Life might settle down one of these days, but I'm going to try to catch up a bit at a time.
So, way back on July 10, my Laney turned 3. She is a beautiful, sweet, smart little girl with a whole lot of fire and personality packed in. She loves to dance, sing, play outside, read books, swing, "swim" in our teeny tiny blow-up pool, and do whatever Mariah is doing. She asks every day, "Is today a water day?" (We can only use outside water on odd days.) She hates to have her hair done. (I think she has the most sensitive head of anyone I've ever met. She screams the second I get anywhere near her hair. I hope she grows out of this . . . soon.)
I love Elaine's smile and laugh. I really love the look she makes when she's very pleased about something but embarrassed to show it. She sticks her tongue in her cheek to keep herself from smiling.
Laney says lots of funny words. My current favorite is "pipple" (purple). She says this a lot because purple is her current favorite color. Her favorite number is 13. I love the way she says that too.
Elaine tells everyone she meets, "I'm 'free!' I just had a birthday!"
Here are some of my favorites from her baby book:
And here's the big day:
She got Gorilla Munch cereal for breakfast.
I made pistachio cake with cream cheese frosting. (The frosting is trying to be "pipple," but it turned out kind of a lilacy pink.)
Mariah bought her a purse with jewelry at the dollar store. Pipple, of course.
We gave her this (hand-me-down) tinkerbell dress and a strider bike (no picture because we got it in Utah, and I haven't gone through those pictures yet). And tons of balloons. She's been asking for balloons for her birthday for months. Every time we go to the store, "Mom, can I have a balloon for my birthday?"
Grandma Orva and Grandpa Paul gave her Oh the Thinks You Can Think.
Grandma Shirlene and Gramps (Elaine's great grandparents) sent $5. I took Laney on a special outing, and she bought these doll accessories with her money.
Grandma Shaunna and Grandpa Jim sent a Dr. Seuss game that has been a huge hit with both Mariah and Elaine.
















4 comments:
Your girls are so cute. I try not to offer advice but I also had the softest head on the planet. I think my parents would have killed me without Johnson and Jonson Detangle spray. I think it is pretty much a kids leave in conditioner. I think I probably went days without my hair being brushed because my parents didn't think it was worth the fight. Good luck with little miss Laney.
She is such an adorable little person! I wish we lived closer, because I would love to see her and Henry play together. I love that she loves the number 13, and that she asks if it's a water day.
And Bek, you really are killing me with these dessert pictures. Now I want that cake, and the cheesecake, and the chocolate torte, and the thing Mike's mom made. Your blog is making me hungry.
i love laney's smile. it's one of my favorite things to see. can you believe she's 3? i loved seeing her baby pictures again. what a squish!
Post a Comment