Monday, June 14, 2010

A River Runs Through It

This was our backyard this morning. You can't really tell from the picture, but there was actually quite a current.

There's been flooding everywhere; the governor has declared a "state of emergency" in 59 counties in Oklahoma. We've gotten over 7 inches of rain just today! Lake Arcadia is 14 1/2 feet above where it was at 5am this morning. I didn't realize we were moving to such a happening place. Crazy weather! It's raining again now . . . .

Here are a few pictures. There were some other amazing shots, but my internet was being too slow, and I need to go to bed . . . .

That's a mailbox.




2 comments:

Diane said...

Your life is much too exciting. I don't know if I could do it all. Your girls are darling!

Joanne said...

That is so crazy! I was just reading yesterday online about all the flooding in Oklahoma, and I wondered if it was affecting you guys.

It looks like yes.