Thursday, February 4, 2010

Sick

Ok. The girls have been sick with one thing or another for over 2 months now (with one or two well days here and there). I've had enough. The latest bug (soar throat, fever, stuffy nose) finally caught up to me 2 days ago; I'm feeling much better today and will hopefully be over it soon. The girls, though, have had this one for over a week now, and it's no fun. We've been to the doc twice, with no definitive test results . . . who knows what they have, and we just have to wait it out. Yuck. I haven't had a full night's sleep since the beginning of December, and my pregnant body is saying "enough is enough." My children are cranky and whiny which makes their mother also cranky and whiny. Just to give you a glimpse of our day . . . Laney is crying in bed, awake from a way-too-short nap, and Mariah is taking her nap in the garage. That's right, the garage. She's been taking naps in my bed, and a little incentive system I set up had her finally graduated from the carseat . . . until today. My systems only work for a week or so with her. So, back in the carseat she went. Then she was screaming and carrying on, and I could not have her waking up Elaine, so I told her if she didn't stop crying, I'd put her in her carseat in the car in the garage. And there she is. Please tell me I'm not abusive. (And sorry for the whiny post; it's out of my system now.)

Here are some cute pictures of Laney. She, usually a few times a day, comes to me holding her tummy and says, "Gick. Douch. Ganket. Ah-dier." Translation: "I feel sick. I need to lie down on the couch with my blanket and pacifier."


6 comments:

R said...

I feel your pain. Although minus the prego part, which is a HUGE part. I hope things improve soon!

debby said...

yuck. madeleine has been sick with a cough/cold for two weeks and i'm so tired of it. i can't imagine two months with much worse problems. madeleine hasn't been to church since the very beginning of december because we haven't wanted to infect the entire ward or nursery, and i'm pretty sure she's not going to be well enough to go this week. having sick kids is no fun. hope it gets better soon!

Diane said...

You are not abusive. Audrey uses the car seat with Matthew all the time - is it December 2007 babies?? She now has to tape the car seat closed because he can get out of it otherwise.

I hope you all feel better quickly. That is no fun.

Marian said...

oh, bek. i'm so sorry. i hope it all gets better soon.

Jessie said...

i'm sorry life has been so crazy!!! wish we were closer so we could help out. i have to say though, those pictures of little laney are adorable! i love the little translation...too funny.

Laura said...

wow, bek. your month(s) for sure count as horrible awful no good very bad ones.
if you could make the drive to florida, we would take care of you!
i like how elaine's smiling in the middle of her "sick" routine.

p.s. do you guys not call it a pabby?