Saturday, November 14, 2009

Haircuts

I gave both girls haircuts today. I've cut Laney's hair a few times before, but I'd say this was her first "real" haircut.

This was the best "before" shot I could come up with:

And here's after:






And Mariah after:



(And speaking of haircuts . . . . I've been so out of it lately, and my children so neglected, that Mariah cut her own bangs sometime in the last couple weeks without my knowing it. I commented to Mike about a week ago that Mariah had all these little wispy hairs on her forehead. It didn't dawn on my until just a couple days ago that there were quite a few, and they're all the same length and look way too uniform to just be newly growing-in hairs. I asked her about it, and she said she cut her hair in mom's bathroom with daddy's scissors, and she got a little scratch on her head. Lovely.)

3 comments:

Joanne said...

They both look so cute! You did such a good job - I love the way you shaped it and everything. I need you to come do Elizabeth's for me.

I can't believe how much hair Laney has! It looks so thick and nice. Henry is still nearly bald.

You are lucky that Mariah's first haircutting attempt wasn't more noticeable.

Laura said...

you did a great job, bek! i am still laughing that mariah sneakily cut her own hair and then was so honest about admitting it.

Stacie said...

:-) Your post made me smile! Aren't little girls just fun...by the way, I would LOVE to see you when you come to Utah. Just let me know what your schedule is. I'm pretty flexible.