While we were there, we drove past our old house in Provo. I asked the girls if they knew where we were. Mariah said, "Yeah. Our real house." (We've lived in Oklahoma longer than we lived there.)
And, speaking of old houses, Mariah has an incredible memory! We drove past our apartment at Wymount. Neither Mike nor I said "Wymount" while we were there. We just told Mariah we used to live there. She said, "Yeah." But a few minutes later, down the road, she said to Elaine, "Did you see our old house? At Wymount?" (She was 17 months old when we moved from there.)
And, speaking of Mariah's memory, as we were driving past BYU campus, she said, "There's Daddy's school!" (She was 16 months old when Mike graduated from there.)
Anyway, back to our trip to Utah. Here are some photos from our time there:
Sally meets Grandma Shaunna & Grandpa Jim
Aunt Cami & Sally
Elaine in one of her several-a-day outfits.
I love those thighs!
Sarah started smiling a lot while we were there.
My sister, Laura, and her family came to visit from Florida. Pace and Laney were best friends!
Elaine will never stay at the table for very long; there's too much other stuff to do. But she often comes back to share my meal.
She's really smaller than she looks in photos. We call her petite fat.
Beautiful Mariah after church.
Sally's wearing a dress Grandma Orva wore when she was a baby.
Sally was tired of tummy time. Yankee was concerned because the adults were standing around letting her struggle. (Yanks was very protective of little Sarah. She came and got me a few times when Sally was crying.)







2 comments:
I love all the pictures, and getting a little glimpse of how much fun you guys had at Mom and Dad's. I can't believe Mariah's memory - crazy! I like how you guys call Sally's brand of chub "petite fat" - I used to feel the same way about Henry (he didn't look fat in real life, but in pictures he looked so chubby). I love how Yankee was protective of her, and concerned that you weren't helping her out. So funny.
Oh, I forgot to say - Mariah in her after church picture reminds me so much of pictures of both you and Laura when you were little.
Post a Comment