Sunday, November 2, 2008

they call the wind "mariah"

When I was pregnant with Mariah, one of my co-workers always warned me that if I named her Mariah, I would have a whirlwind child because, well . . . "they call the wind 'Mariah.'" She was right. That girl is constantly going.

We went to Grandma Orva and Grandpa Paul's for dinner tonight. In a very short time span, I cleaned up a water spill, ignored a granola spill that I should have cleaned up, rescued 6 decorative stone/marble things from her mouth (mixed with apple crisp crust), and cleaned her up from eating/drinking some of the oil from the Grandma Byrdenne heirloom oil lamp. (She came to me saying, "Yucky, yucky!" and had oil all over her hands. She had eaten some and spilled a lot on Grandma Orva's carpet and coffee table. Thanks, Mom, for dealing with that so pleasantly).

But . . . I love her dearly. And these pictures were just too cute to not share. The first couple are of her talking to Daddy on the phone. (He's interviewing at VCU and Oklahoma tomorrow and Tuesday). Here hair's all wet because we walked home from church in a downpour. She was a great sport! The rest of the photos were taken by Uncle Davie tonight at dinner.




5 comments:

Marian said...

she sure is a cutie!

lex said...

love the hat! But where is the microwave in those pictures? You know, the one i just happened to be there for when it got put in! :) Great pics!

Laura said...

i'm just glad that she and pace aren't twins. in fact, it's probably good that mariah's not twins with anyone. shudder, shudder. not that it wouldn't be fun for the rest of us to see such cuteness doubled....

Joanne said...

She is definitely one of a kind. I wonder what she has in store for you as she gets older. I love all the pictures - the ones in the baseball hat look like you to me.

Rebekah said...

oh, laur, what a thought . . . . i can barely handle one of her.