The storm developed basically on top of us, but was well east of us before it produced the monster that hit Moore. We know a few people affected because the damage is all in our stake boundaries, and one of our good friends' (from dental school) home sustained some damage. (We still haven't talked to them directly so don't know how much damage. Glass in every room. Mud on the beds. That's about all we know.)
We pray for the people affected by this and will do what we can over the next weeks and months to help.
Here are some photos I took of the developing storm.
| Looking straight up and west, standing on our driveway. The western edge of the storm. |
| Looking southeast. Somewhere beyond my view, in that blackness was a monster. |
![]() |
| Southwest |
![]() |
| Southwest from our backyard. |
| Northeast from our back porch. |
Packing up all of our belongings while watching live coverage of so many losing ALL of their belongings is a weird feeling. All of our STUFF is very in our face. We have a lot of it. We are so blessed.
It's very late, and I'll do a birthday post about my little Sarah Sally Sue some other time. Hopefully soon. But here are some pictures taken on her birthday, opening the girls' gifts to her and eating homemade banana-mango ice-cream. It's a really good thing a 3-year-old is easy to please!






3 comments:
I've been wondering about you guys! I only know 2 people that live in Oklahoma, and you're one of them. Glad to know you're okay. Scary stuff. And your little Sally is so adorable!
Happy Birthday to Sally! I was just going to email today to see how you are. I'm so thankful you're all safe.
Those cloud pictures are crazy. So glad you guys weren't in the path. Happy birthday to Sal. She is a beautiful little 3-year old. Maybe I can convince my kids that they really want mango-banana ice-cream instead of a fancy cake this year. I like that idea.
Post a Comment