Sunday, February 10, 2013

First Day of School (August 2012)

Yes, I'm that far behind. Mike has his externship the next 2 weeks and will be gone several nights. I plan on catching up on the blog during that time.

So, anyway, back in August Elaine started pre-k, and Mariah half-day kindergarten. E went in the morning, and M in the afternoon. I did it this way on purpose to have time with just Mariah and Sally in the morning, and just Elaine and Sally in the afternoon (which means 1 on 1 time for Elaine while Sally's napping). It worked really well until last week, when I messed it all up by pulling Elaine out of school. She liked some things about pre-k, but we both didn't like that it was every day, and when given the option, she always chose to stay home. I felt guilty every day because I knew I was only sending her so I could have morning time without the M and E dynamics (which was VERY nice); I felt like I was sending her to daycare every day.

Anyway, here are some pictures of the 1st day:


Before School
After School


Mariah enjoying some alone time and eagerly anticipating her first day:


3 comments:

Katie said...

Who knew the whole school thing would be so complicated, right? Good luck my friend!

Diane said...

Everyone is growing up so fast! I love reading about all the things your family is doing. I also know how hard it is to keep up on a blog. I wish I had time everyday to write something. But obviously I don't.

Joanne said...

So cute! I love first day of school pictures. You are a good mom to be so in tune with your girls' needs - it must have been hard to pull Elaine out when it was such a nice break.