In the days leading up to Valentine's Day, we made heart wreaths . . . .
Mariah's
Elaine's
Sally's, along with the "Helping Hearts" we made.
We opened a V-day package from Grandma Shaunna.
We made Valentines mailboxes (cans).
And made valentines to put in the mailcans.
And I made chocolate cherry truffles, and toffee cake.
On Valentine's Day, Mike brought me these beautiful flowers and took me out to eat at my favorite restaurant, Matthew Kenney.
The food (all vegan, raw, whole foods) is AMAZING!! We got this beet carpaccio for an appetizer. So delicious!
Mike got curried kelp noodles, also very good.
And my entree, herbed cheese tortellini, literally made me cry it was so good! I love eating simple, healthy delicious food (especially when someone else prepares it). Eating this was seriously a spiritual experience.
The dessert, a taster including clove gelato, ginger layer cake, cinnamon caco fudge, and cardamom budino, was pretty amazing as well.
Happy Valentine's Day!




















3 comments:
what cute wreaths! and mailcans :) that restaurant sounds great, glad you guys got to go out.
Very nicely done all - especially you Mike! I mean, based on the working at the table picture, not the flowers and dinner - but I suppose that is great too ;)! All the girls hair(s) are getting long - love the look!
Those flowers are gorgeous! And I love the heart wreaths and valentine mailbox cans - I need to remember to do that next year. But mostly, I think I need to make a trip up to Oklahoma just to go to that restaurant - wow!
Post a Comment