Sunday, October 16, 2011

August Catch-up: Hair and Spiders

I cut Sally's hair a couple days after we got back from Utah.

Before:


After:


I did M and E's hair in braids and socks to make it "curly." I forgot to take after pictures:




Just a cute picture of Laney Loo.

I killed this massive black widow between the slats of our porch rocking bench. I was a bit freaked out about that, since the girls climb and sit on that bench all the time, and I know the web had been there for a couple months! (Before we went to Utah, I swept the web away a couple times and never saw a spider. The web was back when we got back from Utah, but I didn't get around to it for a few days.) Those nasty lumps next to her are egg sacks.  (Over the next 2 weeks, Mike found and killed 3 more black widows! One small and 2 huge!)

4 comments:

Diane said...

I can't even look at the picture of the S....

But the girls look beautiful!

audrey said...

We have LOTS of those at our place. Even some inside our house. I HATE it! One dropped down behind Elizabeth's high chair right by her head once. I almost packed up and moved that day.

Orva said...

It is hard to think of anything after those spiders but I do love those hair pictures. You are good!

Joanne said...

Okay, Bek, your blog is getting too scary now, with wild mushrooms and black widows running around.

I love all the hair pictures, though! Your girls have the most beautiful, luscious hair, and you are so good at doing it and cutting it. Sally's cut looks great. I really need to live close to you so you can manage my girls' hair, too.