Thursday, April 7, 2011

The Temple

During the Sunday afternoon session of conference, we decided rather than trying to watch at home while battling children, we'd instead take the kids to see the temple and watch the session after they were in bed.  Wise decision.

Sally went exploring.  She would crawl away for a minute or so, and then cruise back to me, cling to me for a few seconds, and then off she'd go again.  (As I was watching her, I realized Mariah never did the return-to-Mom-to-regroup thing when she was a baby.  She'd crawl away for as long and as far as I would allow; then I would have to go get her.)


We spread a quilt and ate popcorn.  These two spent the majority of the time collecting sticks to defend themselves against "Big Cat" (from Angelina).


Sally ate puffed millet and raisins.  She'd dig for the raisins and quickly discovered she could easily make the millet fly everywhere if she "splashed" in it.  Just like water!  I wish we had a video of the puffed millet fountain she had going.





Getting the girls to look at the camera and smile for pictures is basically a joke.  I don't really try anymore.  (I just noticed Mariah's dress is off the shoulder in these.  Don't ask; I don't know.)







1 comment:

Eliza said...

Looks like a nice afternoon. I love mariah's shoes!