Well, a little girl's prayers were answered. Without spending a penny (thanks to very generous cousin hand-me-downs and equally generous grandparents and others), we were able to deliver the most princessy birthday ever: 2 princess dresses; 2 pairs of "glass slipper balls"; a princess record player; a magic wand; princess polly pocket dolls; a very fancy princess ballerina skirt; a cinderella nightie; and a pink princess cake.
If you dare, here's a compilation of videos taken throughout the day. It's about 5 minutes long, but if you can endure, my favorite part is the last 30 seconds or so.
If you dare, here's a compilation of videos taken throughout the day. It's about 5 minutes long, but if you can endure, my favorite part is the last 30 seconds or so.
![]() |
I love my 3-year-old! And although she challenges me daily to be a better mom, she really is a delight. Some of her favorites:
- wearing princess dresses and paraphernalia
- "reading"
- singing or humming primary songs
- dancing
- "helping" mom in the kitchen
- treats
She is so smart and keeps me on my toes. Here's a funny exchange we had yesterday, but first some background. We're having the usual issues with bed- and nap-time. Since we got back from Utah (2 days ago), I've had her take naps on my bed so Laney can move out of our closet into the girls' room. So, yesterday, Mariah was napping in my bed:
Me: If you have any more problems, you won't be able to sleep in my bed.
Mariah: Well, Mom, where else could I take a nap? (Like, "Mom, I know you don't have a solution to this problem . . . .")
And last night (she has a princess toddler bed):
Me: If you have any more problems, I'll have to take your princess bed away.
Mariah: Well, Mom, where would I sleep?
Me: On the floor.
We didn't have any more issues last night.
Tonight the promise of treats waiting on her dresser for her in the morning kept her silently in bed. We didn't have issues with her or Elaine; a very nice change.
And a memory story: As we were driving the first day of our 2-day drive home, I was explaining that we'd drive for a long time and then stay in a hotel and then drive for a long long time again, and then get home to our house in Oklahoma. Mariah said, "And we'll go to breakfast in the morning at the hotel. I will have oatmeal." (She's stayed in a hotel one other time in her life--6 months ago when we moved to Oklahoma. She had oatmeal for breakfast.)

5 comments:
That was great, and the last part was the best! She's got some dancin' skills. What a fun party. Good luck with 3!
bek, that was so fun! i loved her face when she opened the first present. she seemed pretty calm about the whole thing. is she always like that? the dancing was very beautiful and princessy.
She's such a smart girl. :) Happy Birthday, Mariah!! I remember holding her when she was just a wee little thing :)
I love how she was much more concerned about getting the 3 fingers right than the unopened presents in front of her. All the video clips were so cute - I love her dancing! She's got some sweet moves.
(and after Rachel saw the part with the princess cake, she was very jealous that Lizza managed to be there at the party and see it in person)
yeah, that princess cake was pretty good. i might have to steal that idea - i never would have though of putting the polly pockets on the cake. smart. i LOVE the dancing at the end. one of the cutest things i've seen her do.
Post a Comment