Monday, March 30, 2009

Food!

A few weeks ago, I finally started giving Laney some real food.  I started with rice puffs, simply to give her something to do while we ate dinner.  It worked; she loved them, and she wasn't whiny during dinner!  (I know, most babies don't start off with finger foods . . . . we do things a little differently around here).  Then about a week later, I gave her some millet cereal (millet flour cooked in breast milk).  She liked that too.  But shortly thereafter, we all got sick, and she started acting like her tummy hurt, so I went back to just rice puffs (still more for the distraction effect than substance).  I just gave her some more millet cereal for lunch today, and she really liked it.  I think we're in business!

The videos are not very exciting, but, Christine, I posted them for Orva's sake.  Elaine's willing, I'm sure, to give private lessons.
Click to play this Smilebox postcard: Eating!

1 comment:

Marian said...

i love that she has rolls on her wrist even! you are so good about taking pictures and videos of your kids. i always forget. especially with my 2nd i have been horrible. hopefully i'll be better with alice.