Wednesday, January 7, 2009

let it snow . . . .

(Just put the cursor over a picture to see the caption.)

During one of Elaine's naps yesterday, Mariah and I went out in the snow. I tried to do some shoveling; our driveway is very uneven asphalt, so I was not very successful. I ended up mostly just playing with Mariah. We had a good time. Mariah loves the snow. She insists that it's called ice. Once in a while, she'll say, "It's ice called 'snow.'" But usually, she just says it's ice, no matter what I say:

me: Is there lots of snow?
Mariah: Ice.
me: It's kind of like ice, but it's snow.
Mariah: Lots of ice!

or

me: Do you like playing in the snow?
Mariah: Ice.
me: Hmm. Are you eating the snow?
Mariah: I'm eating the ice.

You get the idea . . . .

4 comments:

Marian said...

she makes me laugh! what a cute girl! my kids would be in heaven with that much snow (ice?). our tiny bit of snow has melted, and elsa wants more so bad.

lex said...

I know what she's saying, but since I have moved to the East, I am begining to understand the difference between snow and ice... Mariah.. that my girl, is SNOW! :)

Joanne said...

I can't believe how much snow there is there! It makes for some very cute pictures. Mariah's lucky to have a mom who'll play in all that ice with her.

Eliza said...

That's so funny that she insists on calling it ice. Where did she get that idea? The pictures are very cute but it made me cold just watching them. Brrr.